The Paris-Bourbon County Library staff is dedicated to providing a secure, friendly, helpful environment where patrons are able to conduct their business and interact in a pleasant manner. Our patrons have a role in this as well. As such, the Library has established the following patron responsibilities:
- Damaging or tampering with Library property is not permitted.
- Recreational use of skateboards, skates, or bicycles is not permitted.
- Food and drink are permitted in designated areas only.
- Use of alcohol or tobacco is not permitted inside the library or within 20 feet of any library entrance.
- Bathing, shaving, or washing clothes in restrooms is not permitted.
- Interfering with the access, egress or use of Library facilities is not permitted.
- Playing of audio equipment without headsets or making unreasonable noise is not permitted.
- Harassment, disruptive or threatening behavior, and use of abusive or obscene language are not permitted.
- Sleeping is not permitted.
- Sexual misconduct is not permitted.
- Panhandling, distribution, or selling of non-library approved material is not permitted.
- Offensive or pervasive odor that constitutes a nuisance to other customers or staff is not permitted.
- Presence of pests on person, belongs or library materials is not permitted.
- Inappropriate use of the Internet or violation of the Library’s Internet Use Policy is not permitted.
- Threateningly brandishing any item that is deemed to be a weapon is not permitted.
- Possessing, selling, distributing or consuming any illegal controlled substance in unlawful.
- Service animals for people with disabilities are welcome. No other animals are permitted.
- Shoes and shirts are required at all times.
- The Library does not accept or assume responsibility for personal belongings.
- The Library does not accept or assume responsibility for unattended children. Police may be notified of unattended children at closing.
- Bags and briefcases are subject to inspection at exit.
Library staff reserves the right to ask a patron to leave or call the police if these standards are not followed, if any laws are being broken, or if it is perceived that a potentially dangerous situation exists.
We thank you for your cooperation.
PARIS-BOURBON COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY
701 High Street
Paris, Kentucky 40361