The Library is excited to offer many options for downloading content to your various devices. Each content provider has slightly different requirements and may use different software to interface with your device. In general, we hope that your downloading experience is easy and that you enjoy your content. As always, feel free to contact Library staff with any questions you may have.
Before you can download content offered by the Library:
- Be sure that your account with the library is current. Your account will expire once each year. When this happens, you will need to reregister your account. This simply involves verifying your contact information with Library staff.
- Make certain that you have a balance with us that is less than $5.00.
- Make sure you have a device that will play the content you wish to download.
- Make sure you have installed any necessary software on your device.
Software you may need:
- E-Books downloaded from Kentucky Libraries Unbound, or Overdrive, are downloaded through Adobe Digital Editions.
- This application will open the e-Book and allow you to either read it on the computer or transfer it to a compatible device.
- If you wish to download audiobooks from Overdrive, you will need to install the Overdrive Media Console on your computer.
- This application will open the audiobook and allow you to either listen it on the computer or transfer it to a compatible device.
- There are also audiobooks that are in WMA format; these are played by Windows Media Player (or other software that plays the WMA format).
You can also find an application for most smartphones so you can download e-Books or audiobooks directly to your compatible device.
You can find a link for compatible devices on the Kentucky Libraries Unbound home page.
We offer some digital devices for checkout to our patrons to allow them to try out the latest technology in reading.
PARIS-BOURBON COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY
701 High Street
Paris, Kentucky 40361